Why is virtual volunteering important?
Volunteering is a great way to make a difference in your community and to help support a cause that you're passionate about. With the busy lives we currently live, virtual volunteerism is starting to become more important and allows individuals a flexible way to get involved with organizations they care about. Not only does volunteering make a positive contribution to the community, but it also has health benefits!
Where can I find virtual volunteer opportunities?
- Check out our Digital Volunteering Directory which has a list of organizations and oppurtunities
- FFWD virtual volunteering
- VolunteerMatch virtual volunteering opportunities
- Catchafire skills-based volunteering
- United Nations Volunteers Online Volunteering
- (If there are others you'd like to add to the Directory, please reach out!)
How do I get involved with CareerVillage.org in particular?
- Join our moderation team and help review content that gets posted on to the site
- Sign up to be a Career Readiness Ambassador
- Head to CareerVillage.org and sign up as a professional and start answering student questions
- Check out our How to Help page for other ways you can contribute to the site
- Spread awareness about CareerVillage.org to fellow Professionals, Students and Educators